Advertisement

Friday, 8 May 2015

Close To You 'excerpts published last Yasmin Ahmad

The most recent ads from Maybank is the last script works late Yasmin Ahmad


KUALA LUMPUR: Yasmin Ahmad's works have always been able to touch the feelings of those who watched. Lyrics scripts deep, meaning-laden fiction storyline teaching and not cliché.

Fans longing terubat when one of the last script written by the late Yasmin Ahmad was produced in the form of an advertisement.

Advertising is part of Maybank's initiative to focus on continuing to consumers.

Titled 'Close To You', ad throughout the two and a half minutes it illustrates how the development of banking with Maybank seen through the eyes of a chicken.

It was uploaded to YouTube on April 29 last. Advertising initiative was started by Yasmin own mother, Mak Inom.

To produce it, the group has worked closely with Yasmin Ahmad led by veteran film director, Kamal Mustapha.

'Close To You' research reflects a child watching his father patiently waiting for the bus in order to perform the Maybank banking financial transactions. Mobile banking subsequently changed over time with advances in technology.

The story of the growth of the family business is also the background story of success than the direction of the child who finally had the opportunity to study abroad.

Turns out it was an emotional experience for the crew to be able to come together and join hands together once again the success of last idea Yasmin.

"We are very proud and happy to see Yasmin's legacy continues through the production of this video. Has become his passion so he remembered through the work against him, "said the sister Yasmin, Datin Orked Ahmed

"Maybank has always been at the forefront of banking in Malaysia. We are trying to do with being close to the heart of our users," said Group Chief Marketing Officer, Mohamed Adam Wee Abdullah.

"Especially our efforts to reach out and help build the community. The late Yasmin Ahmad was able to feel and see the characteristics of the thus sincerely working on the script 'Close To You'," he added.

Nur Fitri's offence very serious - Najib

The International Business Times had reported last week that Nur Fitri (pic) was arrested during a raid at his home in Queensborough Terrace near Hyde Park on Nov 20 last year. - File Photo


KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak Thursday described Malaysian scholar Nur Fitri Azmeer Nordin's conviction for possession of child pornography material in the United Kingdom, as a very serious offence.

He said the 23-year-old must be served punishment in accordance with the seriousness of the offence.

The Prime Minister said he does not agree with comments and proposals by certain parties that the government will appeal Nur Fitri's case for a lesser sentence, what more, using taxpayers money for the purpose.

"Nur Fitri was on trial in Britain under the laws of the country and given a chance to defend himself and he pleaded guilty. We must respect the law of the country and anyone found guilty must be punished," he said in his latest najibrazak.com blog posting, Thursday.

The International Business Times had reported last week that Nur Fitri was arrested during a raid at his home in Queensborough Terrace near Hyde Park on Nov 20 last year.

He pleaded guilty and began his jail sentence in April after being caught with more than 30,000 images and videos of children being abused, including "Category A" images which involve sexual penetration of children.

Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) which funded Nur Fitri's studies at the Imperial College in London, has since terminated the scholarship upon his conviction on April 30.

However, Najib agreed that Nur Fitri must be given counselling so that he would not repeat such an offence in the future.

"It must be done to enable the individual to be accepted into the community again," he said.

Martin Freeman will star in the movie Captain America

Martin Freeman.

Martin Freeman akan membintangi filem "Captain America: Civil War," lapor Marvel Studios.

Pelakon "The Hobbit" ini akan menyertai Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr dan Chris Evans dalam sequel ketiga Captain America yang dijangka menemui penonton pada 2016.

Menurut Pengarah Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige, lakonan Martin sebagai watak Bilbo Baggins dan Doktor Watson sebelum ini, telah menarik perhatian mereka.

“Kami berbangga untuk menerima seorang pelakon yang berbakat seperti Martin dalam kumpulan Marvel Cinematic Universe.”

Difahamkan, "Captain America 3" akan dilengkapi dengan watak wira dan villain dari Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Itgers Andy Serkis Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Frank Grillo, Daniel Brühl, Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth Olsen dan Chadwick Boseman akan membuat penampilan pertama sebagai Black Panther.

Sejurus selepas Marvel memgumumkan perkara ini, kebanyakan pengamal media sosial memberi reaksi positif terhadap keputusan syarikat tersebut.

Namun, ada segelintir netizen yang berpandangan Martin Freeman mungkin tidak sesuai untuk berlakon dalam filem Captain America.

Filem Captain America: Civil War akan memulakan penggambarannya di Atlanta pada Jun ini dan akan menemui penonton pada Mei tahun depan.

Nor should Artikah married this August

nor Artikah

Pasir Puteh - Malaysia student dormitory fire victims in Moscow, Russia, who died yesterday supposed marriage to her fiance, August.

The family wishes to see the second is not to be happy when Artikah Nor Alias, 25, breathed his last at 2.30 pm local time in Skifosovsky Hospital, Moscow due to respiratory complications.

Nor Artikah also suffered burns on the face, hands and feet in the fire in the university campus, 23 April.

University students are preparing weddings Russian National Medical Research Medical Officer Kuala Krai Hospital, Dr Wan Mohamed Wan Ahmad Sayutti Ikhuwan, 28, had already been made.

Sultan said the GST should be reviewed

Sultan of Johor Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar was pleased and said opening the Third Conference of the Council of State Division of Johor 13th Sultan Ibrahim Building in Jalan Bukit deputy, in Johor Bahru today. - Bernama photo

Johor Bahru - Sultan of Johor Sultan Ibrahim criticized the state government and local authorities (PBT) for wearing a Goods and Services Tax (GST) on services provided to citizens.

"I ask the government and local authorities not to impose GST on services rendered to the people and ask for a waiver from the federal government," he said when opening the third conference session Dun Johor 13th, here today.

He said it is absurd to impose GST on such services as the service is a fundamental responsibility of government to the people and it should not be a burden to the people.

GST implementation, which began last month also must always be examined and assessed according to the situation, he said.

On implementation, he said the in-depth study has been made by the federal government before tax system is approved, in the interests of the government and people as well.

Yesterday, the Minister of Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumer Affairs (Ministry) Datuk Hasan Malek reported to have said as many as 2,405 officers and members of the ministry's enforcement holidays frozen since last month to ensure that every complaint acted on the implementation of GST.

The ministry is also elect 427 members of the enforcement recently to monitor public complaints.

As of April 30, the ministry has issued 1,026 notices via Ops Pliers incriminating raise the price of goods. Dun conference will begin on Sunday until 18 May

Also went to the opening ceremony was the Commander of Johor Tunku Tunku Abdul Rahman Sultan Ibrahim.

Nur Fitri serious criminal offenses, says PM

KUALA LUMPUR - Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said Nur Fitri error Azmeer Nordin, who was found to have more than 30,000 pornographic images and videos of children in London, as a very serious crime.

He said the students majoring in Mathematics 23-year-old must be punished commensurate with the offense committed.

The Prime Minister stressed that he did not agree with suggestions or comments by some people that the government will appeal the case Nur Fitri Azmeer to reduce his sentence, let alone the use of public funds for that purpose.

"Nur Fitri Azmeer legal system has been tried in Britain, given the opportunity to defend themselves, and found guilty.

"We must respect the law and those found guilty must be punished with the offense committed," he said
the latest entry in the blog najibrazak.com night.

However, he said Nur Fitri Azmeer must be given guidance counseling him not to repeat the offense, for his good and society.

"This should be done so that these individuals can be received by the community," he said.

Previously, several parties suggested that the students sponsored by Majlis Amanah Rakyat (Mara) was given a second chance to continue his studies included in the country after serving time in London.

Nur Fitri Azmeer, studying at Imperial College, was jailed for five years by Southwark Crown Court, London after mengakuBbersalah on 17 counts of possession with intent to distribute pedophile.

Memphis Depay: It was impossible to say no to Manchester United

PSV winger Memphis Depay, who will join Manchester United in the summer, said it was “impossible” to say no to the Old Trafford club.

The 21-year-old, who starred for Louis van Gaal’s Netherlands during the 2014 World Cup, helping them to the semi-finals, was PSV’s key man as they lifted their first Eredivisie title in seven years, and will now move to Old Trafford in the summer – subject to a medical.

Prior to the announcement that he will depart Eindhoven for Manchester in the summer, there had been much speculation surrounding Depay’s future, but he has revealed that working with his former national boss played a big role in the decision to join United.

"Working with Van Gaal again is a big bonus," he said to SEG Football. "For me Manchester United is an absolute dream club so I didn't need any convincing about the quality of the guys already there.

"I'm looking forward to playing alongside a few of my Dutch team-mates but also all the other players as well. You can't deny the interest of a club like Manchester United."

United’s Premier League rivals Liverpool and Ligue 1 giants PSG were also reportedly interested in securing his signature, but the Dutchman claims that he felt a move to Old Trafford was the right move for his career.

"It's been an exciting and pretty hectic period," he added. "To have had to choose between so many top clubs doesn't make it any easier.

"You shouldn't believe everything you read though - this move was just about feeling, not about money."

Depay, who joined PSV at the age of 12, expressed his gratitude towards the club that allowed him to complete the dream switch.

"I've learned so much at PSV, not only on the pitch but also as a person," Depay continued. "That makes me grateful, but I really felt it was time for me to move on.

"I’m proud of winning this season's Dutch title with PSV. It’s something the fans deserved, and something I wanted so bad as well. I wish the club all the best for coming season, and hopefully they’re lifting a trophy again next year."