Advertisement

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Mohd Shafie: I do not intend to resign

                              Mohd Shafie


KUALA LUMPUR - Minister of Rural and Regional Development Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie today denied rumors widely spread that he intended to resign from the Cabinet.

"Why should I resign due to raise the issue in the national interest?" he told reporters after opening the Mara Educators Day 2015 here today.

Mohd Shafie, who is also Umno vice-president, said he often raise questions about 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) for clarification on the issue.

"I have to explain it to the public (on 1MDB), but the public concluded that my dissent and criticize me on the issue," he said.

Media speculated that Mohd Shafie was among the ministers who will resign from the Cabinet if Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak reportedly gave an ultimatum to the members of the Cabinet and ask them who did not support him in the issue 1MDB to resign.

No comments:

Post a Comment