Advertisement

Saturday 23 May 2015

'I do not support Umno members but Najib'

Former Deputy Finance Minister Datuk Dr. Afifuddin Omar while delivering a speech at the Forum "New Leaders for Malaysia" in MBPJ Civic Hall today. - Photos Online rays by Muhammad Abd Ghani SHAMSUL

Petaling Jaya - "I am still the leader of the party. I know this forum many who criticize Umno leadership, but I have come not to defend any Umno leaders but to participate because to find the truth."

Thus the assertion of former Deputy Finance Minister Datuk Dr. Afifuddin Omar when stating the reasons why he was present as a panel in the Forum "New Leaders for Malaysia" at the Civic Hall MBPJ, here, today.

Clearly Dr Afifuddin, his appearance was to tell the truth and do not retain Umno if the party was a mistake.

"If the red (parable to Umno) I made a mistake. I have to say one," he said.

Dr Afifuddin however, did not agree with the former Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad who urge Datuk Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak to resign.

"I do not agree 100 percent with Tun Mahathir. Critics can, but do not send resign.

"I also wonder why He only answered but not the board of directors 1MDB," he said.

He added that, as the people who are exposed to the latest information, the public is liable to consider the information received.

"Not that I support or defend me but let it be tried with the course of justice," he said.

Meanwhile, during a press conference, Dr Afifuddin said, although he was a member of Umno, but does not mean he supported the leadership of Najib.

"I do not support Umno members but Najib," he said

No comments:

Post a Comment