Advertisement

Sunday 7 June 2015

Kenangan Robbi diabadikan dalam dokumentari 'Dusty's Trail: Summit of Borneo'

Robbi Sapinggi was a generous, sense of humor and can speak fluent English, said Catherine Jayasuriya.

RANAU: Robbi Sapinggi was a generous, sense of humor and speaks in fluent English.

It was a memorable expedition organizers Mount Kinabalu Coalition Duchenne, Catherine Jayasuriya against Robbi, who died on Mount Kinabalu in the earthquake yesterday.

Jayasuria, who recounted his experience during the climb Mount Kinabalu with Sapinggi Robbi and his father, said there was a point when they climb into the rain and very cold temperatures.

"I am very cold. The jacket and my gloves were wet. Robbi off his gloves and jacket and gave it to me.

"He was just wearing a t-shirt and no gloves. He is a person who has perwatakkan so," he told Astro AWANI.

Jayasuria, who hails from Sabah but now lives in the United States, said she was shocked to hear the news of the death of Robbi.

"At first, no one sent me a message through the Facebook page that Robbi injured by the quake. So I sent a message to Robbi and make a call.

"But there was no answer. Then I called my friend who lives in the United Kingdom are close to the family Robbi. Friends call me brother and told Robbi Robbi hurt but ok.

"However, I get the message that Robbi had died, not long after that. I was shocked. I could not sleep well after that," he said, adding they had no plans to climb the mountain in August.

Coalition Duchenne combining organizations from around the world in an effort to raise awareness of Duchenne muscular dystrophy and to fund research to find a cure for the disease.

Jayasuriya himself has a son, Dusty Brandom, who have the disease.

Jayasuria said he had Robbi capturing memories in a documentary short about "Dusty's Trail: the summit of Borneo ', where Robbi talks about why he likes to climb Mount Kinabalu.

"He lived through my documentary," he said.

Duchenne Coalition executive director, said his company will organize a charity climb the fifth of 7 to 9 August.

Jayasuria said he was not sure if in August the work of mountain Kinabalu recovery will still take place or not, but for sure, they will hold an event commemorating Robbi.

No comments:

Post a Comment